Our new fall wreath made with felt and burlap flowers! yay fall!
Here's how to make the fringe flowers (use felt, burlap or whatever):
1. Cut out long strips of felt or burlap (I used my cutting board and did lots of strips at a time)
2. Stack a few strips of felt and using some sharp scissors, cut fringe on one edge all the way down. To this to all of your strips.
3. To make a flower that has 2 colors all mixed together, stack 2 different colored felt strips on top of each other and start to roll. When you begin rolling, fold the first 2 fringes over to make the inside of your flower. (For a flower with the middle fringe one color & the outside fringe another color, attach the 2 strips together with a dab of hot glue to make one long strip... then roll.)
4. Use a dab of hot glue to hold the end of the strip to the rolled flower.
5. Cut a circle of felt or burlap out and hot glue it to the bottom of your flower to keep it together.
6. Spread out the fringes to reveal your beautiiiful flower!
7. Put the flower on your dog's head. I suppose you can skip that step if you want though.
Hope you like our new fall wreath!