Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vacay Part One - VAIL

When Peter and I found out that there was a little baby boynton on the way, we decided to plan a fun trip for just the two of us, since we figured there won't be a lot of "just the two of us" in the future. We'd both been wanting to go to Colorado in the summertime and hadn't been to Vail or Beaver Creek so decided we'd go to both! We spent the first 2 nights in Vail... below are lots of pics! 

Breakfast in bed the first morning at our hotel, the Sebastian

While Peter was playing golf, I walked around Vail village...
watched this outdoor yoga class while I drank my coffee!


The famous covered bridge in Vail.

Another pic of the covered bridge.


Betty Ford Alpine Gardens




Back in Vail Village... cute little kids playing in a fountain

There were pretty flowers everryyyywhere. Much classier than the dead ones in our front yard.

Lunch by myself (so cool) at Alpenrose (a german restaurant) while Peter was playing golf.
My first course, goulash!

Second course, Monte Cristo sandwich. yumm.

Pic under the covered bridge!

Farmers Market in Vail Village on Sunday

Biking down Vail Pass (downhill...my kind of biking!) 
So strong..

View of Vail Golf Course while riding our bikes

Post bike ride lunch at Los Amigos with a pretty view!

Their mexican food was actually pretty legit.

Pretty Vail Village!
We had so much fun in Vail and wanna go back for sure! Next post I will show pictures from Beaver Creek... also beautiful!

1 comment: